Friday, November 22, 2013

The First Pet

I got a pet!  Her name is Diamond and she's a leopard gecko. Here's how I earned her: I have been trying to stop sucking my thumb so Mom bought me these things called "Thumbguards" but we call them thumb thingies.  I have to wear them at night and if I wore it all night long in the morning I got a sticker.  When I got a month full of stickers I earned a small pet!  (The rule was nothing with fur and no birds...b/c Mom and Dad are allergic (or so they say!).)  So I selected a gecko.  I saw that they make great pets on the Eastover news.  We went to PetsMart and picked her out...she's a little pink so we're saying she's a girl.  I love holding her and letting her climb on me.  And I help Mom feed her live crickets.  Yikes!  
She's little ... won't grow more than 10 inches.

See how she loves to climb on me!

This is her rock. She loves to sit and hide under it. 

Smile, Diamond! (She doesn't have teeth...just platelets.) 
  

No comments: